We believe that successful investing starts by forming a solid partnership with the founders and management teams of our investments. This allows for a more timely and thorough evaluation of key areas where we could potentially provide incremental value outside of just being a capital provider. Incremental resource support includes, strategic planning, operational support (sales & marketing, financial controls, hiring assistance), reviewing acquisitions, strategic relationships and ultimately analyzing exit options. Our objective is to be complementary and not intrusive to the day-to-day operations of the business.
BIP will work with each portfolio company to implement the following after closing a transaction:
- Encourage values of integrity, loyalty and open communication among employees, customers, vendors and owners in support of each portfolio company's mission, vision and financial goals
- Establish a board of directors with strategic and operational skills to match the specific needs of each company
- Develop and ensure implementation of a proactive plan to identify and accelerate revenue growth (e.g., acquisitions, new revenue channels, geographic expansion)
- Assist the chief executive officer and senior management team by contributing value-added support from our Operating Partners, investment advisors and wide range of business contacts
- Emphasize autonomy within day-to-day business operations, but provide strategic guidance to enhance planning, promote goal setting and encourage results
- We believe in rolling up our sleeves and working hard to achieve the common goals of all the constituencies involved within an investment